WATCH THE VIDEO FOR A COMPLETE DEMONSTRATION
Use Sea Foam Spray to safely and effectively clean residues and deposits from intake and chamber areas where fuel tank additives cannot reach!
- Sea Foam Spray delivers a high concentration of petroleum cleaning solvency to throttle bodies, intake runners, intake valves, pistons and chamber areas.
- Click here for printable instructions.
Hot Soak Instructions for Gasoline Injection Intakes:
- Add a cleaning dosage of Sea Foam Motor Treatment to the fuel tank
- Be ready with screwdriver, Sea Foam Spray and Cleaning Tube
- Start and warm engine to operating temp, then turn off accessories and shut off engine
- Locate the hose clamp that attaches the air intake boot over the throttle body, then loosen clamp and pull the intake boot from the throttle body
- Place the Hook Guide with tube on throttle body between sealed air intake boot and throttle plate. With tube nozzle directed at throttle plate, position nozzle end ¼” in front of the throttle plate at a location where the throttle plate opens away from nozzle. ~Always apply spray downstream from mass air flow sensor.~
- Re-fit the intake boot over the Hook Guide and throttle body
- With vehicle parked and braked safely, use a helper to start and hold the engine at 1000 RPM over factory idle spec for the duration of the spray treatment
- With tube attached to can, spray continuous until contents are empty (approx 4 to 5 minutes)
- When can is empty, instruct helper to shut off engine, then allow the engine to hot soak for 5 to 15 minutes
- While waiting, remove air intake boot to recover Cleaning Tube and Guide, then re-fit boot over throttle body and tighten hose clamp
- After hot soak period, start vehicle and road test for at least 5 minutes. Apply aggressive acceleration when possible and safe.
Using Sea Foam Spray is easy as it looks! Treating your gasoline engine intakes one or two times a year with Sea Foam Spray will help restore power and acceleration. Sea Foam Spray also works to help overcome rough idles, hesitation, stalls, pings and flat spots!