CLEANING DIESEL FUEL INJECTORS WITH SEA FOAM MOTOR TREATMENT
Preparation and Instructions:
Getting started: Add a cleaning dosage of Sea Foam Motor Treatment to the fuel tank.
- Start and warm up the engine to operating temperature, then shut off.
- Remove the primary fuel filter and drain the filter/filter housing. Though it’s not required, we recommend installing a new filter.
- Depending on filter type, fill entire filter/housing cavity with straight Sea Foam Motor Treatment.
- Install the new filter while making sure there is no air in the filter or housing.
- With the filter primed, start the engine and let it run for two minutes, then shut off the engine.
- Allow five to fifteen minutes for the Sea Foam to hot soak into the deposit buildup.
- After the soak period, restart the engine and be prepared drive/operate for approximately 30 minutes. Don’t be afraid to run the engine hard when possible and safe. An engine under load produces the necessary heat and compression for optimal cleaning.
How Sea Foam Motor Treatment Helps to RESTORE & PROTECT Diesel Fuel Systems:
When added to diesel fuel/primary fuel filter:
- Adds lubricity to diesel fuel and diesel fuel system components
- Cleans fuel injectors and chamber areas, dissolves fuel gum and varnish throughout diesel fuel systems
- Stabilizes diesel fuels
- Restores diesel injector spray patterns by removing soot and carbon from injector nozzles, ultimately recovering lost fuel volume and reclaiming engine power
- Controls small amounts of moisture
When added to oil crankcase:
- Dissolves and liquefies petroleum deposits and contamination that forms in crankcases
- Cleans lifters, tensioners, control rings
- Restores flow and lubricity to restricted oil passages
- Cleans/reduces injector stiction